Perimeter of a Rectangle with Given Area Calculator
Are you looking to calculate the perimeter of a rectangle with a given area and a side? Then, you are in the right place. Our calculator will assist you in finding the perimeter of a rectangle right away. After inserting the area
A and a side
Side 1 (this is the side known to you), our calculator will give you the perimeter
Please read on to learn more about:
- The perimeter of a rectangle;
- Equations to find the perimeter of a rectangle; and
- Other calculators that will help you answer any questions related to a rectangle.
What is the perimeter of a rectangle?
The perimeter is a quantity that measures the total length of 2-D or 3-D geometry's outer boundary: measurement starts from one point (say point z) and ends at the same point (point z). A rectangle is closed by four perpendicular sides, and two of them are unique. The perimeter of a rectangle equation is
P=(a+b+a+b), which is basically a measure of all sides. In a simplified form:
How to use this perimeter of a rectangle with given area calculator?
To use our calculator, follow the below points:
- First, you should know area
Aand at least one side of the rectangle;
- Insert the area value and known side value inside Area (A) and Side 1 (a) fields;
- Once inserted, our calculator provides you with the missing side Side 2 (b) and the perimeter of the rectangle P.
- Hurray! We believe now you can use our perimeter of a rectangle with given area calculator to find the perimeter of a rectangle quickly. If you are looking for ways to find every possible parameter related to a rectangle, you should check the next section.
Let's capture the rectangles!
Here, we present to you all the calculators that will help you find answers to any questions related to rectangles:
- Area of a rectangle calculator;
- Dimensions of a rectangle calculator;
- Diagonal of a rectangle calculator;
- Rectangle diagonal angle calculator;
- Perimeter of a rectangle calculator;
- Surface area of a rectangle calculator;
- Length of a rectangle calculator;
- Width of a rectangle calculator;
- Length and width of rectangle given area calculator;
- Length and width of rectangle given perimeter calculator;
- Rectangle scale factor calculator; and
- Square feet of a rectangle calculator.
How do you find the perimeter of a rectangle given area?
You can use the following points to find the perimeter of a rectangle given area:
- You need to know at least one side of the rectangle: call it
- Now use the area equation, i.e.,
A=Side 1 × Side 2to find the unknown side
Side 2; and
- Finally, use
Side 2to find the perimeter, i.e.,
- Awesome! Now you know how to find the perimeter of a rectangle. Use our perimeter of a rectangle with given area calculator to get the perimeter at supersonic speed!
How can you calculate the perimeter of a rectangle whose area is 20 m^2 and length is 4 m?
To find the perimeter:
- Find the width
wby diving the area
A=20 cm^2^by length
l =4 cm,i.e.,
- Once you get the width (
w), the perimeter is calculated as
What is the difference between the area and perimeter of a rectangle?
The difference between area and perimeter are as follows:
- The area is a quantity that shows how much space a geometry occupies, whereas the perimeter gives us the measurement of the total length of the outer boundary of the geometry;
- The area of a rectangle equation is
A=length×width, and the perimeter of a rectangle equation is
- SI unit of area is m2, and for perimeter, it is m.
What is the perimeter of a rectangle 11m x 5m?
The perimeter of this rectangle is 32 m. 11 m and 5 m are the length and width of a rectangle, respectively. Knowing length and width, you can calculate perimeter as