Surface Area of a Rectangle Calculator
This surface area of a rectangle calculator is the perfect tool for you to calculate the surface area of a rectangle from its length and width. In this article, we shall go over the surface area of a rectangle, its equation, how to find the surface area of a rectangle, and some frequently asked questions.
Surface area of a rectangle equation
A rectangle is a closed figure with four sides, whose opposite sides are equal. Hence, two sides or dimensions are sufficient to describe a rectangle — its length (sometimes called height) and its width (sometimes called breadth).
The equation for the surface area of a rectangle is given by:
- is the surface area of the rectangle;
- is the length of the rectangle. Usually, it refers to the longest side of the rectangle.
- is the width of the rectangle. Usually, it refers to the shortest side of the rectangle.
The SI units for area are or (square meters), and its imperial units are or (square feet). Always ensure that the length and width are expressed in the same units before using the surface area formula of a rectangle.
For example, a rectangle with length and breadth (or width) would have a surface area of .
🔎 Since a rectangle is a 2D geometry, it is sufficient to refer to its surface area as area.
How to find the surface area of a rectangle?
To find the surface area of a rectangle, you require its length and width:
- Convert the length and width into the same unit. We must measure them both in the same unit. For example, if the length is
5 m, and width is
2 ft, convert both to either
- Multiply this length and width to obtain the area in corresponding units.
- Double-check your answer using the surface area of a rectangle calculator.
How do I use this surface area of a rectangle calculator?
This surface area of a rectangle calculator is simple to use:
- Enter the length of the rectangle in its appropriate field. Ensure you've picked the suitable units.
- Enter the width (or breadth) of the rectangle in its appropriate field. Again, ensure that you've picked the correct units.
- This surface area of a rectangle will automatically find the surface area of the rectangle and display the result in the appropriate field.
So now you know how to find the area of a rectangle!
Other rectangle calculators
If you're in need for calculating other rectangle related parameters, use our collection below:
- Area of a rectangle calculator
- Dimensions of a rectangle calculator
- Diagonal of a rectangle calculator
- Rectangle diagonal angle calculator
- Perimeter of a rectangle calculator
- Length of a rectangle calculator
- Width of a rectangle calculator
- Length and width of rectangle given area calculator
- Length and width of a rectangle given perimeter calculator
- Perimeter of a rectangle with given area calculator
- Rectangle scale factor calculator
- Square feet of a rectangle calculator
- Golden rectangle calculator
How do I calculate the area of my monitor screen?
Most monitor screens are rectangular in shape. To calculate the area of your monitor screen, follow these simple steps:
- Measure the length and width of your monitor with a monitor or measuring scale. Alternatively, you can get these dimensions from the product description.
- Multiply the length and width together to obtain the surface area of your monitor screen.
- Rejoice in your newfound knowledge of your screen's area.
How many acres to one hectare?
There are 2.471 acres to one hectare. An acre is a unit of land and is roughly equal to
4047 sq m. A hectare is a unit of land equal to
10,000 sq m.