In the cool kilometer calculator, we help you convert such large length unit into several ones from different distance systems:
- Kilometers to miles, feet, yard, inches.
- Kilometers to meters, centimeters, and millimeters.
Keep reading and find out everyday conversions you might consider helpful, like how many kilometers are in a mile or how many meters are in a kilometer.
What is a kilometer?
A kilometer is a distance unit that is part of the metric measurement system that represents a thousand meters:
1km = 1,000 meters
Therefore, from the length converter calculator, we get the following conversion factors:
1 km = 100,000 cm
1 km = 1,000,000 mm
But what if we need to convert miles to kilometers?
Then we can use the following conversion factor:
1 mile = 1.6093 km
Besides, for taking the other way around, now divide one by 1.6093. If you want to convert kilometers to miles, you use:
1 km = 0.6214 miles
Furthermore, you can use the imperial conversions to get yourself around feet, yards, and inches:
1 mile = 1760 yards
1 mile = 5280 feet
1 mile = 63360 inches
Don't worry about memorizing these conversion factors; that is why we created the fantastic kilometer calculator for you.
How to use our kilometer calculator?
You can use our kilometer calculator in two ways:
- Type the kilometer value you want to convert and see how our tool provides its equivalent in 7 different units.
- Type the unit you have. It can be mm, miles, yard, among others, and our tool will indicate its value in kilometers.
Let's see an example in-between values of the metric measurement system: How many meters are in 1.92 kilometers? Also, let's express the result in yards.
We will use the conversion factor:
1km = 1,000 meters
1.92km = 1920 m
For yards, we will use two conversion factors:
1 km = 0.6214 milesand
1 mile = 1760 yards; therefore, we have:
Another length-related calculators
Besides of our kilometer calculator, here we want to mention other distance related calculators you could find useful:
- Length converter
- Distance converter
- Height converter
- Metric to inches
- Feet and inches calculator
- Inch converter
- Millimeter calculator
- mm calculator
- cm to m calculator
- cm to in converter
- Feet to miles converter
- ft to m converter
- Inch to meter calculator
- in to cm converter
- Meters to feet converter
- m to ft converter
- Centimeter calculator
How many kilometers are in a mile?
1.6093 kilometers. You can also calculate it this way:
- Remember 1609.3 meters build a mile.
- Divide 1609.3 meters by the conversion factor for meters to kilometers.
- The result is the equivalent of a mile expressed in kilometers.
What is 100 kilometers in miles?
61.14 miles. You can follow the next steps for obtaining the same value:
- Note the conversion factor from kilometers to miles: 1.6093 miles equals one kilometer.
- Divide 100 kilometers by the conversion factor: 100 / 1.6093.
- The result is your kilometers value expressed in miles: 61.14 miles.