Circumference and Area of a Circle Calculator
Are you interested in calculating the area and circumference of a circle? This is the perfect tool.
Circles are present in many places. Coins, pizzas, vinyl disks are examples of circular objects, and the area is an essential aspect of them.
Read on if you're interested in:
- How to find the area and circumference of a circle.
- How the circumference and area of a circle relate to each other.
- How to find the area of a quarter circle.
💡 Did you know
The diameter and, therefore, the area of a pizza are critical aspects in determining the optimum pizza size for your budget and your taste.
Formula to calculate the circumference and area of a circle
These are the formulas to calculate the circumference and area of a circle:
c = 2πr
A = πr² = πd²/4
cstands for circumference;
rfor radius; and
dfor the diameter of the circle.
π is a constant approximately equal to 3.14159265359 and stands for the circumference-to-diameter ratio of any circle.
How to find the circumference and area of a circle?
Suppose you want to calculate the circumference and area of a circle of 8 cm radius. In that case, these would be the steps to follow:
- Use the formulas to calculate the circumference and area:
c = 2πrand
A = πr².
- The circumference should equal
c = 2π × 8 cm = 50.265 cm.
- The area should equal
A = π × (8 cm)² = 201.06 cm².
- To check your results, input the 8 cm diameter in the calculator. The results should also be 50.265 cm and 201.06 cm².
Other awesome Omni Calculators
After mastering the process of calculating the circumference of and area of circles, you may look at these other tools and keep improving your skills:
- Circle calc: find c, d, a, r
- Area of a circle calculator
- Circumference calculator
- Equation of a circle calculator
- Circle measurements calculator
- Circle formula calculator
- Radius of a circle calculator
- Circle length calculator
- Diameter of a circle calculator
- Circle perimeter calculator
- Circumference to diameter calculator
- Square footage of a circle calculator
- Square inches of a circle calculator
How are the circumference and area of a circle related?
They relate to each other by the following formula:
c = 2√(πA). The equation says circumference is proportional to the square root of the area, so the bigger the circle size, the greater the circumference.
What is the area of a 9-inch circle?
63.617 in². To find the area of any circle, given its diameter:
- Multiply π (pi) by the diameter square:
π × (9 in)² = 254.47 in².
- Divide that result by four:
254.47 in²/4 = 63.617 in².
- Now you know what the area of a 9-inch circle is ✔️
How do I find the area of a quarter-circle?
To get the area of a quarter-circle:
- Take the formula of the area of an ordinary circle:
A = πr².
- Divide the formula by four.
- After following these steps, we can note that the area of a quarter circle is
A = πr²/4.