Circle Length Calculator
If you want to learn how to calculate the length of a circle, our circle length calculator is the perfect tool 🎯. You can use this calculator to:
- Find the length of the radius of the circle.
- Calculate the length of the diameter of a circle.
- Find the length of the circumference.
Read on to learn more about how to find the length of a circle.
Radius, diameter, and circumference: the circle length formula
d, and circumference
c are related. The higher the radius or the diameter, the higher the circumference. The circle length formula connects these variables in a single equation:
c = 2πr
If you only know the diameter, you can find the length of the radius of the circle by simply remembering the diameter is twice the radius:
r = d/2
Reordering the equations, you can also calculate the length of the circle diameter in terms of the circumference:
d = c/π
Similarly, you can know what the length of the radius of the circle is:
r = c/(2π)
How to calculate the length of a circle?
Let's suppose you want to know what is the length of the radius of a circle of 10 cm circumference. You can follow these steps:
- Use an adequate formula to solve your problem. In this case, it would be
r = c/(2π).
- Input the circumference in the formula. The result should be:
r = 10cm / (2π).
- Double-check your results. Input 10 cm in the circumference box of the circle length calculator. The result should also be 1.59155 cm for the radius.
Other awesome circle-related calculators
Now that you know how to find the length of a circle, you can look at these other great tools and keep improving your skills:
- Circle calc: find c, d, a, r;
- Circle measurements calculator;
- Circle formula calculator;
- Radius of a circle calculator;
- Circumference to diameter calculator;
- Circumference and area of a circle calculator;
- Diameter of a circle calculator;
- Circle perimeter calculator;
- Square footage of a circle calculator; and
- Square inches of a circle calculator.
What is the length of half a circle?
The length of half a circle is π (pi) times radius, expressed with the formula as chalf = πr or chalf = πd/2. It is the length of an ordinary circle divided by two in this case.
What is the circumference of a 6-inch circle?
18.8496 inches. To find the circumference of any circle, multiply its diameter by π. In this instance:
- Take the circle's diameter, which is
- Multiply it by
- The result is