Circumference to Diameter Calculator
The circumference to diameter calculator can help you solve the geometry problem of finding the circumference of a circle by inputting its diameter. This calculator works both ways, so you can also convert a diameter to a circumference.
Keep reading to learn more about:
- The circumference to diameter formula.
- How to calculate circumference from the diameter.
- How to get diameter from the circumference.
The circumference to diameter formula
Diameter and circumference are lengths related to each other — the higher the diameter, the higher the circumference. The circumference to diameter formula connects these variables in a single equation:
c = πd,
cstands for the circumference;
dfor the diameter; and
πis the pi number.
If on the other side, you're interested in how to calculate diameter from the circumference, you can solve for
d in the above equation:
d = c/π.
💡 Did you know?
As you can imagine from the above equations, the number
π is a constant equal to the circumference-to-diameter ratio of a circle (
π=c/d). If you divide the circumference by the diameter, independently of the size, it'll always be 3.14159265...
How to find circumference from diameter: an example
Let's look at an example. Suppose you want to find the circumference of a 5 cm diameter circle. These would be the steps to follow:
- Use the appropriate equation, which, in this case, is the circumference to diameter formula:
c = πd.
- Input the diameter in the equation:
c = π × (5 cm) = 15.708 cm.
- That's it. Also, check your results using our circumference to diameter calculator. Input 5 cm in the diameter box. Your result should also be 15.708 cm.
Other-circle related tools
Now that you know how to find circumference from diameter and vice-versa, you can look at other tools related to circle calculations.
- Circle calc: find c, d, a, r;
- Circle measurements calculator;
- Circle formula calculator;
- Radius of a circle calculator;
- Circle length calculator;
- Circumference and area of a circle calculator;
- Diameter of a circle calculator;
- Circle perimeter calculator;
- Square footage of a circle calculator; and
- Square inches of a circle calculator.
What is the circumference of a 6-foot diameter circle?
18.8496 feet. To convert diameter to circumference:
- Take the diameter.
- Multiply it by the number pi (π).
- In this case, the circumference equals:
π × 6 ft = 18.8496 ft.
How do I get diameter from circumference?
Divide the circumference value by the number pi (π), or use the formula
d = c/π. That's how you find the circumference of a circle with its diameter.