Cylinder Volume Gallons Calculator
Welcome to the Omni cylinder volume gallons calculator, a simple tool that helps you calculate the volume of a cylinder in gallons with input values such as radius, height, and diameter. Don't have necessary parameters? Don't worry, you only need a ruler or a measuring tape! The cylinder volume gallons calculator also lets you convert your input values into different imperial and metric units of measurement, so you don't have to waste your time on conversions. Wait no further; come along to learn how to calculate volume in gallons of a cylinder!
How do I calculate volume of a cylinder in gallons?
The cylinder volume gallons calculator will do all calculations and conversions for you! But if you want to calculate the volume of a cylinder by hand, 😉 you need to utilize the following formula:
V = π × r² × h
Vis cylinder volume;
ris cylinder radius; and
his cylinder height.
However, since you are looking for cylinder volume in gallons, you will have to take an extra step and convert your unit of measurement. For instance, if the volume of a cylinder is in cubic inches, and you're interested in the volume of a cylinder in gallons, you need to
- Take the number (the volume of a cylinder in cubic inches);
- Multiply this number by
0.0043for converting into US gallons or by
0.0036for converting into UK gallons; and
- Ta-da! You calculated the volume of a cylinder expressed in US gallons or UK gallons.
Other cylinder volume-related calculators
Now that you know how to find the volume of a cylinder in gallons, don't forget to check other cylinder volume-related calculators:
How do I find the volume of a cylinder in gallons, given the radius and height in feet?
To find the volume in gallons of a cylinder in gallons, if input measurements are in feet:
- Square the radius of the cylinder;
- Multiply the radius of the cylinder by pi and the height of the cylinder;
- Take the volume in cubic feet and multiply it by
7.481if you want to convert it into US gallons or by
6.229if you want to convert it into UK gallons.
- That's all! The result is the volume of the cylinder expressed in US or UK gallons.
How do I find the volume of a cylinder in US gallons given the diameter and height?
To find the volume of a cylinder in US gallons, given the diameter:
- Divide the diameter of the cylinder by two, and square the number;
- Take the number in step 1 and multiply it by pi and the height of the cylinder;
- Convert the result in US gallons by multiplying your result with the appropriate conversion factor; and
- You're done! The result is the volume of the cylinder in US gallons.