Clock Duration Calculator
The clock duration calculator can help calculate the time between two different clock times. Maybe you need to know how much time passed between you clocked in and out of work. Or perhaps you want to know how long some boring event will be. With our calculator, you can learn that in seconds! And if you look at the text, you can also find out how to calculate time duration on your own.
How to calculate time between two different clock hours?
To find the clock time duration, all you need to do is subtract the start time from the end time. You can do it easily with our calculator. If you want to learn to do it by hand, here is an example.
Let's say you want to find time between 7:48 am and 4:13 pm.
- First, convert the pm time to a 24-hour format. 4:13 pm becomes 16:13.
🙋 If you're using our clock duration calculator - you don't need to do that. Just set the 12-hour mode, and you can input the am/pm times.
Subtract the start time from the end time:
That's a bit tricky to calculate - the amount of minutes in the end time is less than in the start time. You need to convert one of the hours in the end time to 60 minutes (16 hrs 13 min equals 15 hrs 73 min).
The clock time duration in this example is 8 hrs and 25 min.
How to use the clock duration calculator?
To use our clock duration calculator, you only need to do three things:
- Choose clock format. You can choose a 12-hour (am/pm) or a 24-hour one.
- Enter the start clock time.
- Enter the end clock time.
The clock duration time will appear in less than a second!
Other time related tools
If you liked our clock duration calculator, you might also find useful one of these tools:
How many hours is 8 am to 5 pm?
It's 9 hours. To calculate the time duration between 8 am and 5 pm, follow these steps:
- Calculate the hours between 8 am and 12 pm:
12 - 8 = 4 hours.
- Figure out the number of hours from 12 pm to 5 pm. This is pretty easy - it's 5 hours.
- Add the two numbers together. 4 hours plus 5 hours equals 9 hours.
How many minutes is 10:30 to 11:15?
It's 45 minutes.. Check Omnicalculator tool clock duration or:
- These hours are right after one another. So first, calculate the number of minutes from 10:30 till 11:00. An hour has 60 minutes, so
60 minutes - 30 minutes = 30 minutes.
- Now, find the time between 11:00 and 11:15. You don't need any calculations - it's 15 minutes!
- Add the minutes together!
30 + 15 = 45 minutes
How to calculate hours worked?
You need to subtract the clock-in time from the clock-out time. Imagine you clocked in at 8:03 am and out at 4:27 pm. You can do that by using our clock duration calculator or:
- Convert the pm time to a 24-hour format. 4:27 pm becomes 16:27.
- Subtract the clock-in time from the clock-out time:
- Subtract from that any non-billable hours. Suppose you had 30 minutes lunch break. Then the result would be 7hrs 54 min.