Welcome to our mg to cc conversion calculator! A tool created to know how many ccs the mg of a substance requires, or vice-versa.
Whether you're a scientist, a pharmacist, or need to convert units for your daily routine, our tool will get the job done and make your life easier!
Our converter can quickly and accurately convert your milligrams with just a few clicks. For example, you can use it for various purposes, such as:
- Perform the conversion from mg to the cc your syringe needs, as long as you know the medication concentration;
- Knowing how many cubic centimeters of a substance you need to obtain some milligrams from it, based on its density.; and
- Many more.
So, what are you waiting for? Let's get started!
How to use this mg to cc conversion tool?
If you're dealing with medication and need to perform the mg to cc conversion for the syringe or medicine cup, follow this procedure:
- Select the medication you're dealing with;
- If the medication is not in the list, select "Other" and input the concentration by yourself:
- The concentration typically appears on the drug label or packaging as a number accompanied by "mg/mL" (e.g., 200 mg/mL or 50 mg/mL).
- The concentration can also be expressed more complexly, such as 12.5 mg/5 mL. In that case, input the number that accompanies mg divided by the number accompanying mL. For example:
- For 12.5 mg/5 mL, input 12/5 (mg/mL) as the concentration;
- For 50 mg/1.25 mL, input 50/1.25 (mg/mL); or
- For 800 mg/8 mL, input 800/8.
- Once you've input the substance or concentration, input the number of milligrams you need, and the tool will immediately determine how many ccs that requires.
- You can do the opposite and input the number of ccs to know how many mg are there.
For water, milk, oil, or other substances
Using our mg-to-cc converter for other types of substances is similar to for medications:
- Select the substance you're dealing with, and we'll account for the density;
- If none of the substances is in the list, select "Other" and input the density by yourself:
- Once you've input the substance or density, input the number of milligrams you need, and the tool will immediately determine its equivalent in cc.
- You can do the opposite and input the number of ccs to know how many mg that accounts for.
Converting from mg to cc by hand
To convert from mg to cc of medication by hand, divide the milligrams of substance by the concentration in mg/mL:
As one cc equals one mL, you can use the concentration in mg/cc:
For other substances, such as water or oil, the formula is almost the same, but we use density instead of concentration:
Other similar tools
How many cc is 200 mg of testosterone?
One cubic centimeter, assuming the concentration is 200 mg/mL. Nevertheless, the cubic centimeters will be different if the concentration is different:
- You'll need two (2) cubic centimeters if the concentration is 100 mg/mL; and
- You'll need 0.8 cubic centimeters if the concentration is 250 mg/mL.
How do I know how many mg are in a cc?
To know how many mg a cc of a substance contains:
- Determine its concentration in mg/mL.
- As 1 mL equals one cc, the number of mg/mL is also the number of milligrams in one cc. For example:
- Testosterone cypionate 200 mg/mL contains 200 mg per cc;
- Testosterone cypionate 100 mg/mL contains 100 mg per cc; or
- Morphine sulfate 20 mg/mL contains 20 mg per cc.