Using this g-to-lbs converter tool will help you convert your weight measurement from grams (g) to pounds (lbs) and vice versa. Here are the topics we'll cover in this short text:
- How to convert g to lbs (including converting g to lbs and oz);
- How to use this g to lbs converter; and
- Answer some frequently asked questions about converting g to lbs, such as what is 200 g converted to lbs?
How to convert g to lbs
To convert g to lbs, you must know that one pound (lbs) of weight contains 453.6 grams. From this, we can write an equation for the conversion:
weight in lbs = weight in g / 453.6
As an example, you would perform the following calculation to convert 500 g to lbs:
weight in lbs = 500 / 453.6 = 1.10 lbs
How to use the g to lbs converter
It's easy to use our g to lbs converter.
- In the first input field, enter the number of grams (g) you wish to convert.
- You will see the equivalent weight in lbs immediately.
- In addition to doing the conversion, you can also do it in reverse by entering a number in the lbs row.
There is also an option to convert g to lbs and oz (pounds and ounces). You can do this by clicking on the units link lbs and selecting pounds / ounces.
Other weight converters
The g to lbs converter isn't your only option when converting weight here at Omni. You can also use the following calculators to convert weight:
What is 200 g converted to lbs?
0.44 lbs. Here's how we arrived at that answer:
- Divide the number of grams by a conversion factor of
- For this example, that's
200/453.6 = 0.44.
- Enjoy your weight measurement in the imperial weight system.
What is 124 g converted to lbs?
0.27 lbs. We arrived at that answer as follows:
- Divide the number of grams by
- In this example,
- Have fun measuring your weight using the imperial system.