Weight conversion enables smooth change between units the weight (or mass) is expressed in. Available units for weight conversion include both imperial and metric units:
- microgram (µg) - 1 millionth of a gram
- milligram (mg) - 1 thousandth of a gram
- gram (g)
- kilogram (kg) - 1 thousand grams, but a kilogram is a default unit in the metric system
- metric ton (t) - 1000 kilograms
- grain (gr) - 1/7000 of a pound
- drachm (dr) - 1/16 of an ounce, 1/256 of a pound
- ounce (oz) - 1/16 of a pound
- pound (lb) - basic unit in the US
- stone (st) - 14 pounds. Often used to quote a person's weight in English-speaking countries. A plural form is also "stone".
- US ton, also called a short ton - 2000 pounds
- long ton, used in US - 2240 pounds
To quickly look up values between main units feel free to use weight conversion chart below. Other similar tools include density calculator used for calculating density in different units or similar tool to weight conversion - length conversion.
Weight conversion chart
To quickly find values expressed in multiple units you can use one of the countless weight conversion charts (known also as weight conversion tables) available on the web. Below we attach probably the most standard weight conversion chart available which compares between kilograms, ounces, pounds and stones.
How to build a weight conversion table?
The table above includes only 4 out of 12 units we have available in this weight conversion tool. To build your own simply choose the desired units from the drop-down menus and type in any of the values. The tool will return results in real time in each of the other 3 units.