Ounces to Grams Converter
Using the ounces to grams converter, you can find the equivalent mass in grams for a given mass value in ounces. Alternatively, if you're looking to convert a value from grams to ounces, you can also do that! Read on to know more about how to use this tool, along with some examples.
What is the relationship between ounces and grams?
1 ounce is approximately equal to 28.3495 grams. Ounce is one of the imperial units of mass, while gram is one of the metric units of mass. So to convert from ounces to grams, we need to multiply the ounce-value by 28.3495. Alternatively, if we want to convert from grams to ounces, we need to divide the gram-value by 28.3495.
For example, if we want to convert 5 ounces to grams, we would do the following:
- Note down the value in ounces, which is 5 in this case.
- Multiply this by 28.3495 to get the mass value in grams.
- This will give us a final result of approximately 141.7475 grams!
How do I use the ounces to grams converter?
To use the ounces to grams converter, you need to do just one thing:
- Enter the mass value in ounces.
- Tada! You will see the equivalent mass in grams!
Alternatively, you could also do any of the following:
- You can convert grams to ounces by entering the mass value in grams;
- You can convert ounces to any other popular units of mass, such as kg, pounds, etc., by using the units dropdown; and
- You can similarly convert grams to any other popular units of mass, such as stones, mg, etc., by using the units dropdown.
Other conversion tools
How many grams is 14 oz?
14 ounces is approximately 396.89 grams. To convert 14 oz to grams, do the following:
- One ounce is equivalent to 28.3495 grams.
- So multiply 14 with 28.3495 to get the equivalent value in grams.
- This will show us that 14 oz is approximately equal to 396.89 g.
Which is more: 1 oz or 1 g?
1 oz represents a lot more mass than 1g. Since an ounce is equivalent to about 28.3495 grams, 1 oz of a substance is approximately 28 times heavier than 1 gram of the same substance.