kg to Stones Converter
The kg to stones converter helps you calculate the weight in stones if the weight in kg is known. You could also use this tool to find the weight in kg if the weight in stones is known. Thus, this tool will enable you to answer several questions such as 'How do I convert kilos into stones?' or 'How do I convert 1 stone to kg?', etc. Read on to learn more about converting between stones and kilograms, along with examples.
How do I convert from kg to stones?
1 kilogram is approximately equal to 0.1575 stones. So to convert from kg to stones, we must do the following:
- Note down the weight in kilograms.
- Multiply this value by 0.1575 to convert from kg to stones.
- This will give us the equivalent value in stones!
How do I use the kg to stones converter?
To use the kilogram-to-stones converter, all you need to do is this:
- Simply enter the weight in kg.
- Voila! The calculator will show you the equivalent weight in stones!
Alternatively, if you already know the weight value in stones, you could key that in to find the equivalent weight in kg!
For example, if you want to convert 1 stone to kg, you could just type 1 in the input field for stones. The calculator will then show you that 1 stone is approximately equal to 6.35 kg!
You may also choose to convert the known value to other units of weight, such as grams, metric tons, pounds, ounces, etc., by selecting a unit from the dropdown.
Other related converters
If you found this kg-to-stones converter useful, you may also find our other weight converters helpful. A few of those are listed below:
How do I convert 90 kg to stones and pounds?
90 kg is equal to 14.17 stones, or 14 stones and 2.45 lb. To convert 90 kg to stones and pounds, do the following:
- 1 kg is approximately equal to 0.1575 stones.
- So multiply 90 by 0.1575 to get 14.17500 stones
- 1 stone is equal to 14 lb.
- So you can further find the equivalent weight in stone-lb by multiplying the decimal portion of the above number by 14 (0.175 × 14 = 2.45), to finally get 14 stones and 2.45 lb.
How do I convert 70 kg to stones and pounds?
70 kg is approximately equal to 11.03 stones, or 11 st, 0.35 lb. To convert 70 kg to stones and pounds, follow these steps:
- Multiply 70 by 0.1575 to get the equivalent value in stones.
- This will give us the equivalent value as 11.025 stones.
- Multiply the decimal part of 11.025 by 14, to get the st-lb value.
- Since 0.025 × 14 =0.35, we finally get 70 kg = 11 stones and 0.35 lb.