Glove Size Calculator
If you're searching for the perfect glove fit, Omni's glove size calculator will be a great assistant. All you need to do is to input one hand measurement and we'll do the rest.
If you're not sure how to measure a hand for a gloves fitting, or you'd prefer to have a quick look at a glove size chart, don't worry - we thought about that too 😎. Don't wait any longer, read the short article or simply use our intuitive tool!
Be sure to check out our sock size calculator too!
How to measure glove size?
If you're wondering how to measure hands for gloves or mittens, we're coming to help. You'll need a measuring tape:
- Lay your hand flat. Choose you dominant hand as it tends to be lightly bigger.
- Wrap the tape around your palm, just below the knuckles (exclude the thumb👍).
- Read the measurement. If you measure your hand in inches, round up to the nearest half to get your glove size. If you use another unit, convert it to inches.
- Input the values into the glove size calculator to get your S-M-L size ("letter sizes"). Alternatively, you can use a glove size chart provided below.
But how to measure glove size if you don't have a measuring tape? Use a ruler 📏 and anything that can be easily wrapped around your hand 🧵: a string, flexible tape, a strip of paper, or even a piece of dental floss. Wrap the string around your palm, mark the point where it overlaps, and measure the length of the string against a ruler:
And this is how to measure hands for gloves. Remember you can use a similar method with the ruler and string when you don't have a measuring tape. Then you can use one of our tools:
Glove size chart
If you are searching for a glove size chart, we present charts for men and women below. Treat these tables as a general guideline:
Men's gloves sizes
Women's gloves sizes
If you have the opportunity to try the gloves on, just do it 😉 Better safe than sorry! If not, then you should be fine anyway since you already know how to measure glove size.
Remember that this calculator is for material gloves or mittens (made of wool, leather, rubber, latex etc). The ones that fit tightly and make you feel comfy when it's cold outside ❄️ or protect you when cleaning, gardening and disinfecting. This glove size chart (and glove size calculator) is not suited for:
- baseball gloves ⚾
- kitchen gloves 🥘
- baby mittens 👶
- safety gloves, as they differ depending on the type of hazard ☢️
How to use the glove size calculator?
Hopefully, using this calculator is as easy as pie. But, in case it's not, check out this step-by-step guide:
- Choose the person's gender you are measuring.
- Measure their hand and select the value from the drop-down list. You can choose the value in inches or centimeters.
- The glove size calculator shows the size, in "number size" and "letter size".
Do you remember that Omni tools are flexible? This glove size calculator may be used the other way round: when you have a pair of gloves🧤, and you'd like to check what size hand they'll fit. Just pick the glove size and the calculator will show the palm circumference.
Read the result, and input the value into the box below. Choose your preferred unit - inches or centimeters.