This bra size calculator can help you in finding and converting your bra size to most common international sizes - continental Europe, USA and UK. If you ever wondered how to calculate your bra size according to European charts and what is the correct bra size for you (or your girlfriend :) ), keep reading to find out!
Taking measurements for correct bra size
You need to take two measurements. Take them while braless or while wearing a non-padded bra to ensure maximum accuracy of results.
- Bust measurement: measure at the fullest point of your bust with a soft measuring tape. Make sure that the tape is not too tight by breathing in and out. Note the measurement down (if you decide to round it, remember to round the number up).
- Frame measurement: measure around the bottom of the band, directly under your bust. Check whether the measuring tape is level and not too tight. Again, don't round the measurement or round it up to the nearest full number.
How to calculate bra size?
- First, take your measurements according to the rules listed above.
- Subtract your frame measurement from the bust measurement. This difference will determine your cup size.
- Compare your results with bra size charts. You can also use our bra calculator instead :)
Making sure your bra fits
Even if you have used our correct bra size calculator to find the proper size, it does not guarantee that every bra will fit. Use these tips to make sure you never buy a bad bra again!
- Begin with putting your bra on properly. Bend forward at the waist, then put on the bra and hook it.
- Adjust the band to make sure that the back of the bra is leveled with the front.
- You should be able to slide only one finger underneath the band. If it is more loose, you should try on a smaller size.
- After you tighten the band, shorten the straps.
- Put on a close-fitting shirt over the bra to examine how it looks beneath clothing for a final check.
- Choose a bra that fits perfectly when you secure the last hook. Your bra will loosen in time, so you will be able to make it fit you again by using the inner hooks later.
Make sure to check out our ideal weight calculator, too!