Are you looking for a new belt? This belt size calculator converts between different size categories and tells you what size belt to buy based on your measurements.
What size belt to buy?
Surprisingly, searching for the perfect belt may be a journey. Of course, maybe not as difficult as finding a bra (any woman can relate), but still, challenging. Belt sizes differ between men and women, yet, in general, belt sizes are divided into four or five categories:
- General, defined in letters: XS, S, M, L, XL, etc.
- Waist circumference.
- Length of the existing belt.
And for women, this belt size calculator considers one more category: 5. Pants or dress size.
Those sizes, although divided by different categories, all mean the same. Below, you'll find a chart showing how all the categories relate.
Belt size chart
If you want to check what size belt to buy by yourself, take a look at the tables below. Here, we present data in inches, but if you'd like to see it, e.g., in centimeters, then use our belt size calculator.
Belt size chart for women:
Belt size chart for men:
How to measure waist circumference?
While most of us are aware of our general size or dress size, many of us don't care to know what our waist circumference is (except, perhaps, when we need to lose some weight or start to work out to get stronger).
Your waist is the narrowest part of your belly, most probably at your belly button level. To correctly measure waist circumference:
- Stand up and put the tape around your narrowest part of you belly.
- Ensure it's correctly placed, laying flat and horizontal on your skin, but not compressed.
- Measure just after you exhale.
To make it even more reliable, you may take three measurements (
A3) and then count the average:
circumference = (A1 + A2 + A3) / 3
Belt size calculator explanation
So, we still need to answer the question "What belt size am I?". To do this, use the belt size calculator! All you need to know is only one of the following:
- Your numerical size;
- Your general size;
- Waist circumference; give the data either in centimeters or inches, our belt size calculator converts it for you;
- Length of a belt you already have. It needs to be measured from the end of the belt (without the buckle) to the hole you currently use; or
- Your size of pants or a dress.
Choose your gender, the category you know, and either fill in the size or choose from the list. We will show the rest of the size types.