Shoe Size Conversion
Whether you are shopping online or buying shoes during holidays abroad, this shoe size conversion tool is for you.
It may serve as a US to UK shoe size converter, may help in shoe size conversion from women's to men's, or changing the sizes for children's shoes.
Remember that the values shown in our conversion tool are a popular standard, but many shoe manufacturers may have their own size conversion table.
How to convert between shoe sizes from the UK, US, and EU?
You can find different conversion charts on the web, but actually, the equations for the conversion exist! Isn't it awesome?
Common sizing systems formulas:
inches = millimeters / 25.4
US_male = (3 × inches) - 22
US_female = (3 × inches) - 21
US_child = (3 × inches) - 9.67
UK_size = (3 × inches) - 23
UK_child = (3 × inches) - 10
EU_size = 1.27 × (UK_size + 23) + 2
inches is foot length.
We do not give the formulas for EU children, as there are a couple of versions, and the size conversion table is customary. Also, the UK/US sizes for children differ, but the ones presented are among the most popular.
How can I use the shoe size converter?
You can enter whichever value you want, and the converter calculates the rest. Let's suppose that we were looking for the UK to US shoe size converter, and we want to find the shoe size equivalent for a woman with 10 UK shoe size.
- At first, you need to choose for whom you want to do the calculations – adult or a child, as the formulas differ. We select a woman in our example.
- Type the shoe size in the right field. For example, enter 10 in UK shoe size.
- The shoe size converter displays the values immediately in other shoe size standards and additionally shows the foot size – you can choose the unit yourself (millimeters/centimeters/inches/feet).
- Below the table, the shoe sizes rounded to 0.5 are displayed – those are found shoe sizes for the US, UK, and EU.
The shoe size converter indicates theoretical sizes calculated from the standards.
Difficulties in shoe size conversions
There are a couple of problems with making shoe size converter that fits everybody's needs:
The systems are not fully standardized. The sizes may vary because of differences in manufacturing processes, different allowances, methods of measuring the shoes... It may even differ between countries, though they use the same Continental European system (Germany, France, Italy). Also, there are several US systems, which vary substantially for sizes far above or below medium sizes.
Children's shoe sizes are calculated in different ways. As the young ones are growing very fast, some conversion charts take that growth into account, e.g., an extra 8% length of the foot. The shoe size is then larger than what would correspond to the actual foot length.
Not only length but also width is important. For wider feet, the larger size may be required.
How to convert US shoe size to European?
To convert US male shoe sizes to European, you need to multiply the US male size by 1.27 and add 29.94.
EU size = 1.27 × US male size + 29.94
To convert a female shoe size, multiply the US size by 1.27 and add 28.67.
EU size = 1.27 × US female size + 28.67
Go to our website to quickly find your European shoe size.
How to convert men's shoe size to women's?
To convert men's shoe size to women's add 1. So men's 7 is a women's 8, men's 10 is a women's 11, and so on.
What is the equivalent of a size 9 women's shoe in men's size?
In the US, a size 9 women's shoe is a size 8 men's. Men's shoe size is always 1 number smaller for a particular foot length than a woman's shoe size.
What is my Korean shoe size?
Shoe size in Korea is foot length in millimeters. Here's how to find your Korean shoe size:
- From US male size - add 22, divide by 3, and multiply by 25.4;
- From US female size - add 21, divide by 3, and multiply by 25.4;
- From inches - multiply your foot length by 25.4;
- From centimeters - multiply your foot length by 10; or
- Use our shoe size converter.