DnD dice roller calculator is a quick online dice-rolling tool for anyone who plays Dungeons and Dragons 5e or any table RPG that uses dice. It can roll D20, D4, D6, D8, D10, and D12 from the DnD dice set and generate a random number. Add, remove, or set numbers of dice into 5e dice roller and roll all your dice at once!
DnD dice set
In DnD, we use dice to determine actions and outcomes such as weapons damage, attacks, spells, and healing amounts. Note that the number after the 'D' indicates the number of faces of the die, e.g. D6 indicates a 6-sided die. The absolute minimum to play DnD is a 7-dice set used by our DnD dice roller calculator. This includes:
- One D4 (tetrahedron) - least used, does not roll well, and is used as damage roll for small weapons;
- One D6 (cube) - standard die, often used as a set of D6 for quickly rolling multiples;
- One D8 (octahedron) - has triangular faces, typically used for damage done by larger weapons;
- Two D10 (pentagonal trapezohedron, used for percentile rolls) - the faces of one are numbered from 0 to 9, and the faces of the other are numbered from 00 to 90. To make a "percentile", you roll both dice and add them together, with a 00 always being 100.
- One D12 (dodecahedron) - also used for damage from large weapons, great for stacking between fights 😎; and
- One D20 (icosahedron) - signature die of DnD, used to estimate the success of almost every action in the game.
How to use our DnD dice roller calculator?
To use this D&D dice roller and easily roll multiple dice from the DnD dice set:
- Select the number of dice you want to throw, any number from one to 7.
- Select the type (number of sides) of each dice. The default is the standard 6-sided die, but don't hesitate to use custom DnD dice.
- If you want to throw more than one die and are all the same shape, use the "Set all dice types to" option to set the type of all the dice.
- Go to the bottom of the dice roller, click on "Select", then click "Roll". To roll the dice again, click on "Roll" and select "Roll" a second time. Roll your die now!
- The DnD dice roller calculator shows you the result of each die and the sum of the values of the rolled dice at the bottom.
Other Omni's dice-rolling tools
If you want to combine a D&D dice roller with other types of dice (e.g. D14 or D100), here you will find our collection of dice-rolling tools:
How can I make my own DnD dice?
See how to make your own dice:
- Buy resin and prepare dice molds.
- Mix equal amounts of both resin and hardener.
- Color the resin with the colorant.
- Fill the mold using a pipette.
- Let the resin-casting dice cure for about 24 hours.
- Unmold the dice.
How many dice do I find in a DnD set?
7, this simplest set contains one D4, a D6, a D8, two D10s, one D12 and a D20. You will need two D10 dice to use the percentile from 0-100 and roll to success. Most players recommend getting several dice of each type.