Infant Tylenol Dosage Calculator
The Infant Tylenol dosage calculator shows you how much Tylenol you should give to your little one. You can choose from four different products:
- Infants’ tylenol® oral suspension (160 mg/5ml);
- Children’s tylenol® oral suspension (160 mg/5ml);
- Children’s tylenol® chewable tablet (160 mg/tablet); and
- Children’s tylenol® dissolve pack (160 mg/powder pack).
Read the article below to find out more about baby Tylenol dosage, see an infant Tylenol dosage chart, and check how to use this Tylenol dosage by weight calculator.
If you are interested in other dosage calculators 💊 check:
- Amoxicillin pediatric dosage calculator;
- Pediatric dose calculator;
- Pediatric epinephrine dose calculator;
- Paracetamol dosage calculator;
- Ibuprofen dosage calculator; and
- Aleve dosage calculator.
We try our best to make our Omni Calculators as precise and reliable as possible. However, this tool can never replace professional medical advice.
What is Tylenol?
Below you can find some information about what Tylenol is:
- Tylenol is a medication that contains acetaminophen (or paracetamol in other words) - a substance that is used worldwide to treat pain and fever.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that paracetamol can be used to treat fevers in children only if their temperature is higher than 38.5 °C (101.3 °F).
- This medication can also be used to relieve mild to moderate pain.
- Paracetamol is particularly useful when nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen are contraindicated.
Baby Tylenol dosage - general rules
If you plan to use Tylenol in babies, here are some general rules you should follow:
- Medications for children are formulated so they are safe for little ones. No matter what medicine and brand you are using, make sure that you are always following the instruction on the label and/or your doctor's advice.
- Always use the dosing device that is provided with the product you bought.
- Only one product with paracetamol should be used at a time.
- Seek a professional doctor's advice to find the dosing for children who are less than 2 years old.
- You should not give more than 5 doses of Tylenol a day.
- In case of Tylenol overdose, seek medical assistance immediately.
See the infant Tylenol dosage chart below to find baby Tylenol dosage!
Infant Tylenol dosage chart
You can use the following children Tylenol dose chart we created based onto assess the appropriate dosage for your baby. Keep in mind that using our infant Tylenol dosage calculator will also provide you with correct doses!
|Weight||Age||Infants’ tylenol® oral suspension 160mg||Children’s tylenol® oral suspension 160mg||Children’s tylenol® chewable tablet 160mg||Children’s tylenol® dissolve pack 160mg|
|2.7-4.9 kg (6-11 lbs)||0-3 months||Consult a doctor||-||-||-|
|5-7.7 kg (12-17 lbs)||4-11 months||Consult a doctor||-||-||-|
|7.8-10.4 kg (18-23 lbs)||12-23 months||Consult a doctor||-||-||-|
|10.5-15.8 kg (24-35 lbs)||2-3 years||5 ml||5 ml||1 tablet||-|
|15.9-21.3 kg (36-47 lbs)||4-5 years||-||7.5 ml||1.5 tablets||-|
|21.4-26.7 kg (48-59 lbs)||6-8 years||-||10 ml||2 tablets||2 powders|
|26.8-32.2 kg (60-71 lbs)||9-10 years||-||12.5 ml||2.5 tablets||2 powders|
|32.3-43 kg (71-95 lbs)||11 years||-||15 ml||3 tablets||3 powders|
Infant Tylenol dosage calculator - how to calculate infant Tylenol dosage by weight?
Our infant Tylenol dosage calculator uses the data from the table presented above to show you the recommended dosage of Tylenol for your child. Just follow these three easy steps:
That's all! You should see the recommended baby Tylenol dosage 💊 based on your baby's age!