The coffee calculator is the ultimate tool for assessing the amount of coffee you need, comparing it to the recommended healthy amount.
Our how much coffee should I drink calculator will also answer a few crucial questions regarding this life-giving liquid - we'll also find out the amount of caffeine in coffees & drinks of different brands, and learn how to calculate caffeine content in coffee. ☕
How to use the coffee calculator?
It just couldn't be easier!
- Write down your weight, using any unit of weight your heart desires.
- Choose your caffeine sensitivity.
- Are you very tolerant, and sometimes even massive amounts of coffee can't wake you up properly?
- Are you more tolerant than your friends?
- You don't need more or less than the average person. 🥤
- Are you more sensitive than the people you know?
- Are you very sensitive, with any larger amount of caffeine in coffee making you feel agitated?
- Choose your favorite caffeine-filled drink!
- Enjoy the results & tips generated by our how much coffee do I need calculator. 🎉
|💡Did you know that chocolate and tea also contain considerable amounts of caffeine?|
Find out why both chocolate & coffee might be dangerous to your pets:
How to calculate caffeine content in coffee?
Let's get to work!
- Look at the label of your favorite drink - find the amount of caffeine per 100g.
- Look for the mass/volume of your drink in grams and milliliters, respectively.
- Let's calculate! 🤓
- If you found the mass:
Total caffeine = (Mass/100) * Label amount.
- If you found the volume, your calculations won't be as accurate; we need to assume that 1 ml = 1 g. Then, you may use the previous equation.
- It's all done! Congrats.
Happy with our how many cups of coffee calculator? You may also try some of our other beverages-related tools:
How to calculate how much coffee can I drink?
Let's try the method presented in our coffee calculator:
Write down your weight in kilograms (kg).
Think about your coffee sensitivity.
Very tolerant to coffee:
Caffeine needed(mg) = Weight *8
Caffeine needed(mg) = Weight *6
Caffeine needed(mg) = Weight *3
Find out the amount of caffeine in your favorite coffee.
Use the equation:
Number of portions = Caffeine needed / Your coffee caffeine
Et voila! 🥳 Remember: max recommended caffeine amount is 400mg.
How much coffee can kill me?
The lethal dose of caffeine is close to 10 grams. As you can imagine, this amount is pretty difficult to reach - you'd have to drink 75-100 cups of regular coffee!
However, remember that:
- Different people have different sensitivity and metabolism.
- Energy drinks usually contain much more caffeine than coffee. 🍵
How can I know if I overdosed coffee?
Signs & symptoms of coffee overdose include:
- Seeing flashes;
- Ear ringing;
- Nausea & vomiting;
- Increased thirst;
- Headache, stomach ache, chest pain;
- Irritability, confusion;
- Rapid breathing, rapid heartbeat; and
- Convulsions, muscle contractions, twitching.