Our man-hours calculator can be used to estimate how long jobs take or how many people are needed to do a job in a particular time frame. By calculating man-hours, you'll be able to divide work hours between a set number of people to have a project completed in a set amount of time.
It is hard to track how many hours everyone on the team worked or how much they'll need to be paid. Fortunately, here at Omni, we have created a calculator that can do it for you!
In addition to that, you'll be able to find out how to calculate the cost per man-hour and the total cost of all man-hours based on your budget.
This man-hours calculator allows you to calculate the total number of hours completed by everyone, given the number of people working and how many hours each worked.
This tool is also helpful if you know how many hours a project will take, as it will let you know how many hours each team member will need to work.
Furthermore, you will be able to determine the budget of a project, given the number of hours of work needed to get it done and the hourly pay you're willing to offer. This way, you'll have a clear idea of what you can bargain for and how many people you can hire.
How do we calculate man-hours?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to calculate man-hours:
- Figure out how many people are working on the project.
- Count the hours worked by each person.
- The calculator will multiply the hours by the people. You have now successfully calculated man-hours.
- To transform your hourly result into days, you can use Omni's hours to days calculator; if you want to transform them into weeks or months, you can use Omni's hours to week conversion and the days to months converter.
Let's say you have a project that takes 400 hours to be completed, and you have 5 employees. By using our calculator, you will find out that each of them will need to be working for 80 hours, which translates to 10 business days.
If you need the project to be done in less time, you might want to hire more people and divide the workload into smaller pieces. With our calculator, you'll find out exactly how many people it takes to get a job done in a set amount of hours.
How do we calculate the cost per man-hours?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to calculate the cost per man-hour:
- Type in how many people are working on a project.
- Type in how many hours each person works.
- Type in the hourly pay for each worker.
- The calculator will multiply each person's hours by their hourly pay and the total number of people: you now know the total cost per man-hour for a particular project.
Let's say you have a $200 budget to get a 35-hour job done, you have established that you need it done in 2 business days (16 hours), and you need to figure out how many people you need for the job and how much they will each be paid.
To solve this problem, we input 200 into the Total Cost field, 35 into the Man-hours field, and 16 into the Hours field. The calculator will tell you, you'll need 2 people, and each will be paid $91.43.
What is the man-hours calculation formula?
In case you want to calculate man-hours by hand, here's the formula:
man-hours— Total number of hours everyone worked;
people— Number of persons working; and
hours— Number of hours each person worked for.
What is the man-hours cost calculation formula?
To calculate the man-hour cost, we use the following equation:
total cost— Sum of all worker's salary;
man-hours— Total number of hours everyone worked for; and
hourly pay— How much a single person is paid for an hour of work.