Moneyline Odds Calculator
If you want to know what's in the cards for those who bet on the upcoming game, our moneyline odds calculator can help you. If you're not familiar with them, don't worry! We'll explain how American betting odds work and how to read the moneyline odds. Spoiler alert: they're handy if you're profit-oriented!
Finally, you'll also learn how to convert from American odds to decimal (and not only!).
How do American betting odds work?
Most people worldwide can recognize the US dollars, which are
The first thing to know is that they include only odds to win. In other words, you pick the potential winner of an event, either based on your intuition or data, such as a result from the winning percentage calculator.
Moneyline betting odds are centered around $100 that you can either win or wager, depending on how likely the victory is.
- You're betting a favorite if the odds have a minus (-) sign in front of them. For example, -150 means you need to wager $150 for a $100 payout.
- An underdog will have a plus (+) sign before the number. +150 would mean you could win $150 for every $100 risked.
- For an even likelihood, you will see either +100 or -100. In both cases, the potential payout is $100.
Since converting the moneyline odds to percentage requires some effort, you may find the above association easier to remember.
How to calculate moneyline odds? Moneyline odds calculator explained
You now know how to read the moneyline odds; it's time to learn how to calculate them! The easiest way to do it is to follow the following steps:
- Determine the chances for and against your team's success. Let's assume they're in great shape and take 5 and 2 as an example.
- Divide the likelihood of losing by the victory probability to obtain the fractional odds, . In this case, it's .
- Convert to a decimal number. In our example, .
- Calculate the moneyline betting odds.
- If , you have an underdog, and you should use this formula:
- For , a potential favorite, use the following equation:
We now know how to calculate the moneyline odds from our example. Since , we can use the second equation and find the result is -250.
Using the moneyline odds calculator to save yourself the hassle, you can also see the percentages!
How do I calculate moneyline parlay odds?
To calculate the parlay odds from moneyline:
- Convert American odds to decimal for each bet.
- For a + sign, divide the odds by 100.
- For a - sign, divide 100 by moneyline.
- Add 1 to each result.
- Multiply all decimal odds together to find the parlay odds.
- To determine the payout, multiply the result by the wager.
Other odds-related calculators
How to calculate payout from American odds?
To calculate the payout from moneyline betting odds:
- Determine the sign before the odd: + or -.
- For an underdog (+):
- Divide the wager by 100.
- Multiply the result by the moneyline odd to calculate the profit.
- For a favorite (-):
- Divide 100 by the odds.
- Multiply the result by the bet - that's the payout.
What is 176 on moneyline betting odds?
It depends on the sign before the number. +176 is your potential profit if you wager $100. On the other hand, -176 would mean that you need to bet $176 to win $100.