The World cup football is a sport we all look forward to but have you ever thought about getting a football calorie calculator to determine the number of calories you gained while watching your favorite team?
So you are looking forward to the next matches, counting the days and hours before you can cheer for your national team again. We created our football calorie calculator explicitly for this exciting time. Thanks to this great tool, you can calculate how many calories you gain while watching a football match, drinking a beer, and munching on snacks. You can also find out how long you need to exercise to lose those extra kilos gained after the World Cup.
Why wait until the damage is done? Be prepared for the next football world cup with this calorie calculator, and beat the calories with some healthier snacks.
How does the calculator work?
The football Calorie Calculator (World Cup Edition) uses the simple equation:
energy_balance = energy intake - energy burned
energy intake, we add all the snacks and beers you consume while watching football games, taking the average calorie values for the chosen snack.
We calculate the energy burned on the basis of the standard formula for calories burned, as is shown in our calories burned calculator:
energy_burned = T * 60 * MET * 3.5 * W / 200 * N
Tis the duration of activity in hours, 1.5 for watching a game on TV;
Wis your weight in kilograms;
METis a metabolic equivalent of the task; and
Nis the number of matches watched/played.
The metabolic equivalent (MET) value measures the energy cost of a particular physical activity for a specific period of time. MET values for chosen activities:
- 1.5 - watching a game on TV;
- 7 - playing football, casual;
- 5.8 - sexual activity;
- 7.5 - running; and
- 8 - biking.
To calculate the approximate weight lost or gained, you need to know how much energy the fat tissue contains. As there are approximately 7700 calories stored in every kilogram of body fat, all you need to do is to divide the calories value by 7700:
weight = energy_balance/7700.
How to use our Football Calorie Calculator
Let's compare how much you are gaining when the players are sweating on a football pitch:
- Enter your weight. We'll assume 80 kg (you can change it to pounds by clicking on the unit).
- Type the number of the events you will have watched. Let's say you are watching how your national team is coming through all stages - group (3 matches), a round of 16 matches, quarter- and semi-final, and the World Cup final. This sums up to 7 matches.
- Enter the beers and snacks you consume per game. We don't believe that you aren't drinking anything! During the exciting matches, two bottles of beer and a bag of chips disappear in no time. Definitely not the serving portion which is ten chips or so, and not the smallest bag either🤣. What about the large one? Yes, that's more like it.
- Ooops. It looks like you gained almost 8350 calories, which is more than 1 kg!
- Choose the activity to lose calories. As a huge football fan, you may select Fat-burning activity: football.
- The football calorie calculator displays the time needed to burn extra weight. It's 14 hours in 11 minutes of recreational football. Wow😲!!! Never thought watching a game of your favorite world cup team could be that costly to your health, did you?
Urgh. Hey buddy, put this one beer bottle back in the fridge!
Since you got this far, how about considering a more proactive attitude when choosing your snacks for the next football world cup?