Gas calculator, otherwise called "gas estimator" is there to help you find out how much fuel you will use on the road and how much all this will cost you. Let's face it, we all have asked ourselves this questions: "how much gas will I use?". The point is we all travel, be it trips, holidays or daily journey to and from work. But do we even keep track of how much gas costs? Surely, there are many gas cost calculators or fuel cost calculators (call it what you want) online but there is just not a single one as versatile as ours! Our gas calculator will do all the math for you. You just need to know the distance you are about to travel as well as an estimated combustion to find our how much fuel you will use. However, if you would also like to work out how much it will cost, you will have to know the fuel cost, but gas stations are everywhere, so it won't be difficult to find that out!
How much gas will I use?
Our gas estimator operates on a very simple premise:
- Determine the distance you are about to travel. Let's say
- Find out what's your fuel economy. Let's use
- To work out how much fuel you will use in total, divide you distance by 100 (because we are looking at the fuel use every 100 km), so:
295 / 100 = 2.95and then multiply it by you combustion, so by 8:
2.95 * 8 = 23.6. Now you know that you will use 23.6l of fuel.
If we want to take this one step further and find out how much this trip will cost us:
- Determine the price of the fuel. Let's say
- To find out the total price, multiply the total amount of fuel you will use by its price, so:
23.61 l * 4.13 €/l = €97.47.
- Now you know how to calculate the fuel use and its cost on your own or use our gas calculator to make it so much easier and faster for you!
Splitting the gas cost
We finally know the answer to the question: "how much gas will I use". However, we often travel with other passengers and we don't want to pay for gas ourselves; we want to split the cost among all passengers instead. We all know that those calculations and counting are awkward, so to spare you the trouble, our gas calculator can do it for you:
- Find out the total fuel cost. Let's use the example above of
- Determine how many people there are. Let's say
- Divide the total price by the number of people to work out each person's share:
€97.47 / 4 = €24.37or let our gas estimator do it for you!
There is occasionally a situation where you have to be able to convert liters into gallons, be it US gallons or UK gallons. Let's be honest, no one has ever learned to do it by heart, so we always seek out help, mostly online. Our gas calculator has the option of not only choosing whether you want to count liters or gallons but also what the distance unit - kilometers, miles, etc. However, it cannot convert liters into gallons. For that, we encourage you to use our mpg converter.
If you want to go deeper into the topic, check out our speed calculator which deals with the trinity of time, distance and speed. The acceleration calculator, on the other hand, says how the velocity changes over time or how a given force impacts an object of a given mass.
You might also find yourself reluctant to drive everywhere. If you're planning to spend some time a different city, for instance, it might be more economical to use the public transport! Take a look at our ticket optimizer to choose the cheapest combination of tickets for your stay.