Table of contentsWhat is a circle?Equation of a circle with diameter endpointsMore calculators to assist you!FAQs
Do you have endpoints of a diameter? And are you looking for an easy way to find the equation of a circle? If you are saying YES, then our equation of a circle with diameter endpoints calculator is a perfect fit for you. Go on and insert the diameter endpoints in the indicated fields. You will obtain circle equations in standard, general, and parametric form.
Please read the following article to learn more about:
- How to find the equation of a circle with diameter endpoints?; and
- How to use our equation of a circle with diameter endpoints calculator?
What is a circle?
A circle is a 2-D closed geometrical shape whose boundary points are at an equal distance from the center of the geometry.
Equation of a circle with diameter endpoints
To find the equation of a circle with diameter endpoints, you can use the following steps:
- Find the distance between the endpoints (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) by using distance formula:
- Divide d by 2 to get the radius r of the circle.
- Next, you can use the midpoint formula to find the x coordinates h and y coordinates k for the circle's center. The equation is given as:
By knowing the center coordinates: h,k, and radius r we can get the circle equation in standard form. It is given as:
More calculators to assist you!
We have a fleet of calculators to help you solve any problems related to circles. You can choose the calculators below as per your needs:
What is the equation of the circle whose diameter endpoints are (6,4) and (2,8)?
The equation of a circle is
(x-4)² + (y-6)² = 8. You can find this equation by using the following steps:
- Find the x-coordinate (h) & y-coordinate (k) of the center of the circle by taking the summation of x-coordinates & y-coordinates of the endpoints of the diameter respectively and dividing by
- Calculate the distance between
(2,8)using the distance formula and divide by
2to get the circle's radius.
- Substitute the center coordinates and radius into a standard form to get the equation of the circle.
What is the midpoint between the points (3,-6) and (4,7)?
The midpoint is
(1.5,0.5). To calculate the midpoint coordinates: sum the corresponding coordinates, and divide by
Our free fall calculator can find the velocity of a falling object and the height it drops from.
The grams to cups converter converts between cups and grams. You can choose between 20 different popular kitchen ingredients or directly type in the product density.
The matrix addition and subtraction calculator is a quick and easy-to-use tool to find the sum or difference of any two matrices with, at most, four rows and columns.