Our percent off calculator helps you determine how much will you save during a sale, when the whole selection of merchandise is "X percent off!". Keep on reading - if you don't know how to figure out percentages, this calculator will surely save you a lot of trouble.
"Percent off" and discount
Actually, "percent off" and "a discount" are the exact same thing. Imagine it's Black Friday and all of the goods in a certain store are 75% off. Our sale calculator will figure out how much money stays in your pocket!
How to figure out percentages
Our percent off calculator is a special case of a percentage change, more specifically it uses the percentage decrease formula. The process of calculating your discount is as follows:
- Enter the original price into our percent off calculator. For example, a TV set might originally set you back $5000.
- Determine the percentage discount - in our example store, everything is 75% off.
- The sum that stays in your pocket - your savings - is simply these two values multiplied by each other:
75% * $5000 = 0.75 * $5000 = $3750.
- The final price of the product on sale is the difference between the original price and savings:
$5000 = $3750 = $1250.
- You can also use the percent off calculator to determine how much more you have to pay if the price of the product goes up! Simply type a negative value into the "off" box - our calculator will use the percentage increase formula.
Make sure to check out our commission calculator if you're interested in the salesperson's fee as well.