Working Days Calculator
This working days calculator can determine how many working days are between two dates. Use it to calculate the number of working days before your deadlines! We shall briefly discuss working days and how to calculate them, so read further to ensure you're getting your calculations right!
There are seven days in a calendar week from Monday to Sunday. Working days, work days, or business days are when most companies and national institutions (like banks) are operational. In many parts of the world, work days are from Monday to Friday, leaving the weekend's days (Saturday and Sunday) as non-working days. In other words, there are usually five work days per week.
How many working days between two dates
To calculate the number of working days between two dates, we must follow these steps:
- Count the number of days between the two dates.
- Subtract the number of weekend days between the two dates.
For example, let's calculate the total number of working days in August 2022.
- The total number of days in August is 31.
- The number of weekend days between 1st August 2022 and 31st August 2022 is 8.
- The number of working days in August 2022 is 31 - 8 = 23.
Calculating working days with our working days counter
Our working days calculator will help you skip tedious calculations and give you an error-free result instantaneously:
- Select the proper start date and end date.
- Choose whether to include the end date in the calculation.
- Select the type of workdays calculation:
- You can include all seven days of the week.
- You can exclude weekends (Saturdays and Sundays).
- You can exclude only Sundays.
- This working days calculator will automatically determine the number of working days between the two dates.
- You can also add up to 50 custom holidays between the two dates, since national holidays are non-working days.
Other relevant calculators
There are other date calculators similar to our working days counter:
How many working days are in December 2022?
22. To calculate this result yourself, follow these steps:
- Count the total number of days in December, 31.
- Count the weekend days in December 2022, 9.
- Subtracting this from the total number of days, we get 31-9 = 22.
Including Christmas Day and New Years' Eve as holidays doesn't change the result because they fall on weekends. If you want to add any custom holidays and reevaluate the answer, use our working days calculator.
How do you calculate the last working day after resignation?
The notice period after resignation includes both working and non-working days. In this case, to calculate your last working day after your resignation, simply add the number of days in the notice period to the date of resignation.