If you're looking to finance the purchase of a new recreational vehicle, our RV loan calculator makes it simple to work out what the best deal will be for you. RV financing doesn't need to be complicated, so long as you have an RV payment calculator helping you to plan your purchase.
Keep reading to find out:
- How to approach RV financing
- How the RV loan calculator works
- Other things to consider for your new life as an RV owner!
Whether you’re interested in purchasing a new motor-home for road trips or for long-term vagabonding adventures, financing makes it possible to take the leap much sooner. Paying outright for an RV can be prohibitively expensive. However, paying for a vehicle with a loan is not to be taken lightly. You'll need to know your numbers before you commit, and the RV loan calculator helps you do just that.
The main decision when it comes to financing is how long you want repayments to continue for.
- Longer financing plans means you pay less now, but end up paying more for the vehicle in the end.
- Short-term RV financing means you pay less overall, but you'll need to fork over more now.
A nice side-benefit of RV financing is that your credit score will rise by a few points if you make all your payments on time. Within the calculator, make sure that the Payment field shows a figure you can very comfortably afford every month. The same principle applies when using the mortgage calculator.
How to use the RV payment calculator
The RV loan calculator contains the following fields:
- RV Price
- Down payment
- Loan amount
- Total paid
Enter the first five values in order to see what your monthly payments will be, and how much you'll eventually part with before the vehicle is fully yours. Then comes the magic of this calculator. If you don't like the monthly Payment figure, or the Total paid number, you can adjust them and the calculator will show you what the other figures need to be to make that happen.
For every trip, make the following steps a habit:
- Calculate how much gas you need for the trip using our gas calculator. Be sure to pack spare gas canisters as well.
- Perform error-checks for all the RV's systems. Are the electrics working? Is the water topped up and flowing correctly? Is the engine well-oiled and the tires pumped-up?
- Plan your adventures to intersect with places to re-stock supplies in case you need to.