Pressure conversion calculator helps to quickly convert between different units that pressure can be expressed in. According to its definition, pressure is the force applied perpendicular to the surface, divided by the the area its applied over. For a smooth pressure conversion experience, this tool includes various units used around the world, such as:
- Pascal - the SI (International System of Units) unit equal to one newton per square meter
- Bar - also part of SI and metric system, equal to 100,000 Pascals
- Pounds per square inch (also known as pound-force per square inch or psi) - it equals around 6.895 Pascals
- Hectopascal - used mostly by meteorologists to express atmospheric air pressure (equals 100 Pascals)
- Atmospheres - is also called Standard Pressure, it is the air pressure at sea level. It has a fixed value of 101,325 Pascals
Depending on your needs you might use the pressure converter in different ways. Feel free to adjust the units accordingly and receive results in real time.