The Witcher: Monster Slayer Calculator
Every time the world stops talking about The Witcher, it manages to steal the spotlight yet again. We've had the books, PC and console games, Netflix series and a brand new anime, so it's time for a... Mobile game! 📱 The new addition to the franchise came out recently andfrom its launch. It's also just started an ! It means that if you haven't started yet, now's the best time to do it as the bonus will last only until the 30th of September.
Let's face it, for many of us lockdowns meant less physical activity than we'd usually have. You can check out our Quarantine activity calculator. Although , getting off the couch may be harder than it would seem. If you're amongst people struggling with this issue, The Witcher: Monster Slayer may be a perfect motivation! How come?
If you're familiar with The Witcher, you might've noticed that Geralt travels quite a lot on foot. Monster Slayer lets you become a witcher, which means that if you want to improve, you have to fight monsters - but first, you need to walk to find them! Our calculator will help you estimate how long it will take you to become the best monster slayer around. You'll also find tips on how to progress faster! You can also check out our Witcher calculator.
Enhancing reality with the AR games
We turn towards gaming for various reasons. It could be entertainment, socializing with our friends no matter the weather, e-sport, or taking a break from the real world. What if we told you that there is an alternative to escaping? Your reality can now be augmented! All thanks to the augmented reality (AR) games. 🎮
It all started in 1968 when Ivan Sutherland created The Sword of Damocles, the first head-mounted display. If that seems impossible, remember that the. Humanity was unstoppable back then.
However, we had to wait until 2000 to play the first AR game, ARQuake, which was an extension to the already existing desktop version. It wasn't as convenient as nowadays - players had to carry a computer and a gyroscope in their backpacks! At least they got to feel like real soldiers carrying heavy equipment... Right?
You may think that we needed smartphones for the games to become genuinely mobile (that is, without any excess weight included). Well, not really. In 2005, Nokia owners could play AR Tennis with their friends. The app used the phone camera and a printed paper to display a virtual tennis court and a ball.
The augmented reality games noticed an enormous rise in popularity with the release of Pokémon Go in 2016. It offered rewarding gameplay and encouraged players to walk to catch (or hatch) adorable Pokémons, also helping them get in a better shape and spend more time outside in a fun way. No wonder that at its peak,, causing many developers to turn their heads toward this technology; now also including CD Projekt Red responsible for The Witcher games.
How did the White Wolf become famous?
Millions of people around the world keenly follow the adventures of Geralt of Rivia. But how did it all start? Was it thanks to one of Jaskier's (or Dandelion's, if you prefer) ballad? Well, although there's no denying thatis very catchy, many have been cheering for the white-haired witcher for much longer.
In 1986, a Polish magazine,, held a writing contest. The Witcher's author, Andrzej Sapkowski, submitted his short story about a mutated monster hunter dealing with a striga and was ranked third. Afterward, his works were published in the magazine for four years until they were all gathered together and came out in a single book. The series was gaining popularity in Poland... But that's just a single country. How did it become known worldwide? 🌎
In the late 2000s, CD Projekt Red released the first The Witcher game. The game and its sequel were very well-received and largely impacted the franchise's popularity. However, it's The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that has become a huge hit. In fact,, despite having been released six years ago (which is forever in this industry). The game was praised for its plot, interesting side quests, gripping atmosphere, and graphics.
It all leads us to today when we are awaiting the second season of Netflix's adaptation of The Witcher.
Write your own story as a witcher - what is Monster Slayer about?
The Witcher: Monster Slayer is an AR game whose plot happens over a hundred years before White Wolf's adventures. You get to skip the unpleasant bits like hard training or theand jump directly into witcher's shoes. It doesn't mean that you're immediately a pro like Geralt, though. You need to fight monsters to gain experience and afford better equipment.
The game isn't, however, just about a mindless slaying. It's an RPG, meaning that there's a storyline and relevant quests. So far, there are 129 types of monsters available and, similarly to The Witcher games, each of them is described in a bestiary.
How to get to the Valley of Plenty faster with our calculator?
Being a witcher isn't easy. You may have some physical advantages and unimaginable skills, but your job is dangerous and requires proper equipment. It costs money and most folks aren't overly keen on tipping you. Does that mean that you need to keep overworking yourself? 🤔
Well, as Netflix's Yennefer said, nobody smart plays fair. It doesn't mean that we're going to encourage you to cheat, no! However, we can give you tips on how to play more efficiently, so that you can level up and charge more for your services.
Let's begin with checking where you're at with our calculator. Setting goals is important, which is why we ask you to input not only your current level but also the desired one. Afterward, we focus on everything that affects your experience gains:
- Defeated opponents give you at least 100 XP each. For rare and legendary creatures, this number changes to 250 and 500, respectively. If possible, choose monsters you haven't fought before as they give you the trophy bonus that doubles the base experience!
- Once you reach level 10, complete your nemeta (plural for ). Each gives you 550 experience points, but there's a catch - you can clear only three every 24 hours. Well, technically there are no limits, but additional nemeta completed won't grant you any XP.
- Hone your fighting skills. ⚔️ One perfect parry per fight and you get an additional 15 XP. Compliment it with a critical hit to make it double. And if you're fast enough, you can gain an extra 20 XP! It may not seem like much, but over time it'll add up to a quite considerable amount.
- Good equipment plays an important role. A'Baeth (a silver sword) and Kaer Morhen Armor grant you a bonus of 25% of the base experience. With that being said, they are pretty expensive. If you started playing within the first week after the launch, you can also use Kaer Morhen Steel Sword (+10%).
- Preparation is the key to success. Make sure to look up your opponent in the bestiary and use the proper oil. Doing so will make the battle more effortless, and you'll get 50 XP. You can also consider investing in the experience scroll 📜 as it doubles the total amount of the experience you earn (not just the base!) for 30 minutes.
After gathering all the data, the calculator will tell you how much experience you earn on average and when you will reach your goal if you keep it up. You can play with different settings to see what would increase your gains the most!
Can gaming be good for you?
Although video games aren't known for being healthy for us, remember that we're talking about augmented reality in this case. It's a game-changer, quite literally. First of all, you'll need to go and catch some sun to complete the missions and find new opponents. Although many people prefer walking, it may also be a good idea to ride a bike. Either way, you will get some considerable benefits, such as:
- Getting the right amount of vitamin D thanks to the sun exposure. ☀️
- It will be easier to keep fit or even lose some weight. Who said you couldn't be active and play video games?
- If you have a dog, this might be an additional opportunity to take your pupil on a walk! 🐕
- It will depend on your devices' energy consumption, but you may reduce the electric bill by not using your computer or TV as much since you'll be outside.
We hope that now you feel ready and motivated to become the greatest monster slayer of them all before binging the second season in December! 📺 Please check out our binge watching calculator.